Applicants for Search and Rescue Membership must meet the following minimum qualifications.
– (A) 18 years of age
– (B) High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
– (C) Resident of Summit County .
– (D) Possess a valid Utah Drivers License
– (E) U.S. Citizenship
– (F) Never convicted of any felony, or misdemeanor involving violence or substance abuse.
– (G) Pass a physical, or certification of good physical condition, from a qualified private physician.
– (H) Not suffering from any mental illness that would impair normal reason and judgment.
– (I) Complete NIMS IS100.b on line and provide a copy of the certificate of completion. FEMA
- (J) Must submit a FBI Identity History Summary Check with the application.
The Identity History Summary Check may be obtained at: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
- (K) Upon submission of the application, all applicants for Search & Rescue membership shall be required to undergo a chemical screen test to determine the presence of chemical substances in the body. This test will be scheduled, and paid for by Summit County.
Summit County Search and Rescue conducts annual recruitment interviews in April from the application pool.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Search and Rescue team please fill out an application and return it to:
Summit County Sheriff’s Office
Attention Lieutenant Alan Siddoway
6300 Justice Center Road
Park City, UT 84098
Copyright 2018 Summit County Search & Rescue